Thursday 21 October 2010

I do more than just knit!! :)

OK, so I have a few creative bones in my body, not just a knitting bone...

I thought I'd do a quick blog of a few other creative aspects of me. I used to be into beading, as in beaded jewellery. I still have all the kit at home, but trying to do anything fiddly these days is a chore with my hyperactive house cat running about the flat like a mad woman! She has a constant need to plonk herself on my lap and take a nap for a few hours in the evening just lately. She happily snuggled into the jumper I am currently knitting last night as I manoeuvred around her to continue knitting a jumper that I started knitting for myself in the summer. (I hope it is a better fit than Adam's Christmas jumper!! :)

Anyway, this is a non knitting blog!!

Lets start with some examples of Halloween face paint I have produced in the past, starting at the oldest first.

This is my mate Leight, I did his face paint for a halloween party him and Chris were going to. He was going as a zombie/vampire type creature, I think the look turned out pretty effective (as it was my first go at face paint since I was little). He was actually worried that people at the party wouldn't recognise him as he didn't really look like himself. (Good effort I'd say!)




The next attempt at face paint was the following year for Kirsty's Halloween party! I liked how Leight's face paint had looked the previous year, so I thought I'd try it on myself with the added effect of white contact lenses and big back combed hair! I also had a quick go at creating some party invites for Kirsty to hand out prior to the party.


My face paint...
Kirsty's Invite

Not quite Halloween, but Strawberry Fair in Cambridge, still had a bizarre outfit and wacky makeup though :)



Then there was Halloween 2009, a Halloween party down The Plough in Datchworth was in order! I still had a second pair of white contact lenses to use as I got 2 pairs the previous year as the first set hadn't arrived the day before Halloween, so a guy from the contact lenses company met me in Wheathampstead to give me a pair! (What a nice guy) The pair I had originally ordered turned up a few days after Halloween, leaving me with 2 pairs! - Happy days! As I had already gone for the zombie look the previous year, I scrawled the internet for ideas, coming up with the Fallen Angel idea! :) I had a little practice first on my eye make-up a few days before.




My first idea for the Smith's Heaven & Hell themed New Years Eve party was to go in red and black, I had Erica's devil fork from Halloween as she left it in my car. Had planned a simple makeup idea which involved a bit of red eye shadow and some black eye-liner... I had a little accident with the red eye shadow, so ended up doing my whole face and neck red! Scared my kitten half to death and felt so embarrassed getting into the taxi... apparently I looked like Darth Maul? (Whoever that is?!)

 

My latest edition to the fancy dress creative phase is the 2010 New Years Eve Party at the Smith's!! I wanted to re-use my black contact lenses that I had brought for Halloween that year, so decided to go as a teenage witch-type person (The Craft or Harry Potter's female mate (I can't spell her name! Ha!)). Re-using a school girl uniform as well as my contact lenses! I spent over 2 hours putting my hair into tiny little plaits after I had washed it that morning, left them in all day then spent over an hour taking them all out!! LOL - NEVER again!!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment