Thursday 21 October 2010

A bit of jewellery

The House of Steph was 'created' back in 2006 when I was dating my Ex-boyfriend Scott Playle, (he was impressed by my designs and encouraged me to try and sell some online). I had started to really get into beading, creating different pieces of jewellery for myself, mainly necklaces and bracelets as I didn't have my ears pierced at the time! - I know, being 26 years old and not having my ears pierced is a bit crazy! lol

I even started up an ebay shop (named The House of Steph) selling a few of the mobile phone charms that I had designed and attempted to sell on ebay. I only managed to sell a few items before realising that people weren't really interested in having to pay my prices for something dangling off their mobile phone when they could pick one up from the market for half the price! After leaving the shop running without any sales for a month or so, I decided to cut my losses and close the shop. Going back to just creating jewellery for myself and for friends every now and then.

My outfit for my friend Siba's wedding in 2008 was white, black and yellow. I searched high and low for some nice jewellery to match this outfit but had no luck, so I of course, decided to make my own! (A much better idea!) I would then have a set of earrings (I got my ears pierced in 2007 at Claires Accessories in Stevenage, my friend Erica came with me to hold my hand lol), a bracelet and a necklace that all matched!

My white, yellow and black jewellery for Siba's Wedding.
Here are some of the bracelets that I created, most of them I gave to my friends and brothers for birthday presents, they seemed to love them and wore them all the time! They even came to me for a replacement one when theirs broke as they had got it caught on something etc. They were only strung together with a piece or clear elastic, so were easily broken if caught on something!

Bracelets designed and created by me



I do have some images of the other jewellery I have created somewhere, I will have to dig them out and upload them!

No comments:

Post a Comment